Sulfate free – the most trending word we hear with regards to hair care.
What do you mean by sulfate free? What are sulfates?
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) and Laureth Sulfate (SLES) are the common chemical cleansing agents used. Sulfates are surfactants which are present in personal products and cleansing agents like body soap, shampoos, liquid detergents, toothpaste. They produce lather or foam which helps in deep cleansing.
Are these sulfates harmful?
Sulfates in shampoo produce the lather and foam, which cleanse the dirt, oils, dead cells from the scalp and makes scalp and hair squeaky clean. Sulfate shampoos if used in little quantity are safe but daily use of these shampoos, along with the dirt they tend to strip off the natural oils too. This damages the cuticle layer of the hair and makes the hair dry and frizzy. People with sensitive skin might experience irritation to the eyes, skin and scalp with sulfate infused products.
Why should you switch to sulfate free shampoo? It provides the following benefits:
- Moisturize – if your hair is chemically treated, sulfates damage your hair protein, sulfate free shampoo help to retain the moisture and makes your hair healthy.
- Retain hair color – sulfates strip off the hair color and shine is lost with every wash. Sulfate free shampoo highly benefit in such condition.
- Avoid skin reaction – sulfates are harsh to skin. They may cause itchiness, redness and irritation. Inflammation may loosen the roots of hair and lead to hair fall. Sulfate free shampoos are mild and gentle over scalp.
- More safe – sulfate free shampoo are more safe, mild and best for sensitive and dry scalp.
Who should use sulfate free shampoo?
- People who have Dry scalp or frizzy hair
- People who have Chemically treated hair
- People who have Dyed or colored hair
- People who have a Sensitive scalp
- People who use heat tools frequently – straighteners, dryers
How to check whether the shampoo is sulfate free?
The best way to check is to read ingredients, the most common sulfates used are Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) and Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES) or if your shampoo creates excessive foam or lather, it is definitely due to the sulfates. Mild cleansing agents which are sulfate free produce less lather.
When it comes to sulfate free shampoos, moha: sulfate free shampoo is a good choice as it has keratin along with hair and scalp friendly herbs for better hair and scalp care. It is useful as it gently cleans the scalp and hair, protects hair color and enhances shine, with every wash, nourishes each hair fiber to make it smooth and manageable and Anti-oxidant rich formula helps control hair-fall and promotes growth
Its herbal ingredients like aloe and argan oil are gentle and soothe the scalp. They also nourish and hydrate. moha: sulfate free shampoo is infused with green tea which is -bacterial action and helps to fight infection over scalp. Keratin & quinoa protein – soothes every strand of hair and boosts the shine
After washing your lovely tresses with moha;sulfate free shampoo, nourish it with herbal hair serum from moha; which is a paraben free hair serum and reduces frizz to add shine and lustre. Always remember, indulge in hair care products which are natural and herbal sulfate free shampoo and paraben free hair serum and conditioner for a comprehensive hair care.